This treatment aims at darkening and irritating the areas that are highly pigmented like sun damage, age spots. And consequently permitting that pigment to lose and depart, leaving a lighter skin in its place. Normally within 2 – 4 weeks.[/vc_column_text]
There are three types of pigmentation:[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”30px”]
- Epidermal Pigmentation is usually composed of solar lentigenes and freckles. All these are usually around the surface of the epidermis, and therefore easier to eliminate.
- Dermal Pigmentation is found at considerable deeper - in the Dermis. Melasma is a fantastic case of Dermal Pigmentation. For such cases, our laser is suited the best since it is penetrated very deeply.
- Mixed pigmentation is a mix of both Epidermal and Dermal pigmentation.
Reasons for Pigmentation:[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”30px”]
- Too much exposure to the Sun rays. The ultraviolet rays traumatize the skin, leading to undesired brown spots most of time.
- Hormonal - i.e. Melasma - caused by estrogen from pregnancy or the pill
- Skin Trauma - i.e. Acne